Friday, May 15, 2009

Ending the Beginning

On Today's Menu: Springboards


It has been a grueling semester; one which has required considerable focus and absolute conviction. True, I only participated in one class. However, I would submit that mine was an exceptional case seeing as I had not taken a course in Spanish in about three years. My final exam took place this morning at 8:00am and the only remark I can make about it is that I am grateful it is over. Hopefully I can now get a full night of rest after a week of insomnia due to over studying and mid-night outbursts of Spanish expressions. 


Anyhow, regardless of grades received, I feel that I have accomplished what I initially set out to do and that was to increase my comprehension of the Spanish language. My intention when registering last fall was to use this class as a springboard into a commitment to develop the necessary skills for a future vocation. Although I am a far cry from fluency, I am making certain progress. I have absorbed a lot of linguistic, as well as cultural, information in the past months; but I must be honest and say I am thrilled to see this semester end. 


And so it has. Class is over. Now I must work. Now I must save. Now I must independently study. Before too long it will be time to take the next step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment