Friday, July 10, 2009

What's In A Name?

On Today's Menu: Having a Blonde Moment


So I'm officially changing my name...no, wait...I take that back. Spain has officially changed my name for me. I am no longer Leah, from henceforth I shall be called "Princess" or "Rubia." You may select whichever one you prefer. The guys living in my dorm are, like most guys I know, major Star Wars freaks and have therefore taken to calling me "Princess"...how original. Everyone else in the entire country refers to me as "Rubia," which means "blonde" in Spanish. When I go out for tapas or helado in the evenings, no one bothers to ask me for my real name. They frequently ask the gals in my company, but me...I'm always "Rubia." Usually a comment regarding my small frame follows, which also causes me to stand out from the group. I kind of like it...makes me feel special, unique, and a little bit like Malibu Barbie....

No comments:

Post a Comment