Thursday, July 16, 2009

Perspective

On Today's Menu: A List


I did my homework...


1. I read a lot of books.

2. I did a lot of research.

3. I took a lot of classes.


I was thinking...


1. Show me the historic sites!

2. Show me the grand architecture!

3. Show me the gorgeous beaches!


I came prepared...


1. Brought along a brand new camera.

2. Brought along a pair of cheap sunglasses.

3. Brought along a cell phone.


I noticed...


1. The slower pace.

2. The fast talking.

3. The lack of personal space.


I changed my mind...


1. When I saw Transformers 2 in Español.

2. When I saw thirty flags from thirty nations blowing in the wind.

3. When I went to the Albaicín and saw the last Moorish stronghold.


I always carry in my bag...


1. My almost full journal. 

2. My worn out Spanish/English dictionary.

3. My daily "20 Minutos: Granada" newspaper and 0,60 euro for a much needed caffeine fix. 


What I have noticed most about Spain...


1. It smells. BAD. Everywhere you go...so BAD.

2. It's loud...so very loud.

3. It's picturesque...so incredibly beautiful. 


It's the everyday life...


1. I can't capture it with words.

2. I can't capture it with a camera.

3. I can't fathom trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment